Learning Together Virtually
VAST has accepted the challenge. We want to keep everyone safe, provide the best professional development and fulfill the VAST Mission: to “inspire students, provide professional learning opportunities, build partnerships, and advocate for excellence at the school, local, state andnational level”. We are so excited about the possibilities of trying new ways to develop and improve our PDI. General session speakers and presenters will be able to communicate by both live and recorded presentations. Attendees may not be able to physically chat and share a break in the hotel hallway, but you will use several new ways to network and share with colleagues across the state, in your division, or in your region. Those new personal links may become new colleagues to contact and share with in the future. Members will be able to access all presentations and content from every session after the PDI from the VAST web page.
The "Why" behind many a science educator's passion is to teach and provide learning opportunities for students to critically open their minds to the exciting world around them. Through inquiry, investigation, modeling and collaboration many of our students experience the phenomenon-based wonder of our natural world and STEM innovations that spark their trajectory as a post graduate. Please consider what you can contribute as a presenter and joining us as a learner at the 2020 VAST PDI. Join us as we focus on science content, skills, and courses in a student's science educational continuum and how they lead to STEM career pathways. Sessions will emphasize both the teaching and learning skills of engagement and innovative science instruction supporting the 2018 Science Standards and embracing the Virginia Profile of a Graduate.
* In addition to presentations related to our theme there will be concurrent session presentations in all subject areas for grades K-12.
* Attend the general sessions featuring speakers who will challenge you with up-to-date scientific discoveries and instructional strategies.
* Interact with vendors in our Virtual Exhibit Hall as you collect samples of new instructional materials and explore cutting-edge technologies.
- 2020 Online Registration & Fees for PDI attendees, presenters, exhibitors, Donna Sterling Institute, W-9 form
- 2020 Schedule at a Glance (new schedule coming soon)
- 2020 Individual Planner (coming in October)
- 2020 VAST Bucks, Drawings, Auction (coming soon)
- 2020 Exhibitor and Vendor Information, Prices, Advertising and Form
- 2021 Hotel Reservations and Information (coming in January)
- May 2020 VAST Newsletter with PDI Information
- Summer 2020 VAST Newsletter with PDI information
- 2020 post-PDI Survey and Certificate of Attendance (Open from Nov. 15-Dec. 31, 2020)
2020 Donna Sterling Institute (now a Remote Learning Event)
"The Path Forward-Finding Smart Solutions in Energy and Climate Science"(Institute registration does NOT include PDI registration)
General Session Speakers
- 2020 Concurrent Session Presenter Information and Online Proposal Submission Form
- 2020 DRAFT CONCURRENT SESSIONS PRESENTATIONS LIST (coming in August)
- 2020 Alpha Index of Concurrent Session Presenters (coming in October)
2020 Online Virtual Event, Nov. 12-14
2021 Hotel Madison and Shenandoah Valley Conference Center, Harrisonburg, Nov. 17 - 20
2022 DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, Williamsburg, Nov. 11-13