November 12-14, 2020, DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, Williamsburg, VA
The "Why" behind many a science educator's passion is to teach and provide learning opportunities for students to critically open their minds to the exciting world around them. Through inquiry, investigation, modeling and collaboration many of our students experience the phenomenon-based wonder of our natural world and STEM innovations that spark their trajectory as a post graduate. Please consider what you can contribute as a presenter and joining us as a learner at the 2020 VAST PDI. Join us as we focus on science content, skills, and courses in a student's science educational continuum and how they lead to STEM career pathways. Sessions will emphasize both the teaching and learning skills of engagement and innovative science instruction supporting the 2018 Science Standards and embracing the Virginia Profile of a Graduate.
* In addition to presentations related to our theme there will be concurrent session presentations in all subject areas for grades K-12.
* Attend the 3 general sessions featuring speakers who will challenge you with up-to-date scientific discoveries and instructional strategies.
* Interact with vendors in our Exhibit Hall as you collect samples of new instructional materials and explore cutting-edge technologies.
* As an added bonus you can shop for cool science themed stuff.
- 2020 Online Registration & Fees for PDI attendees, presenters, exhibitors, Donna Sterling Institute, W-9 form
- 2020 Schedule at a Glance
- 2020 Individual Planner (coming in October)
- 2020 VAST Bucks, Drawings, Auction
- 2020 Exhibitor and Vendor Information, Prices, Advertising and Forms
- 2020 Hotel Reservation Information and Online Reservation Form
- Summer 2020 VAST Newsletter with PDI information
- 2020 post-PDI Survey and Certificate of Attendance (Open from Nov. 15-Dec. 31, 2020)General Session Speakers
"The Power of Problem-Based Learning for Teaching STEM"(Institute registration does NOT include PDI registration)
"Resources to Support the 2018 Science Standards of Learning"
- Thursday Evening Speaker,
- Friday Morning Speaker,
- Saturday Morning Speaker,
Friday Evening Award Ceremony Speaker
- 2020 Concurrent Session Presenter Information and Online Proposal Submission Form
- 2020 DRAFT CONCURRENT SESSIONS PRESENTATIONS LIST (coming in August)
- 2020 Alpha Index of Concurrent Session Presenters (coming in October)
2020 DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, Williamsburg, Nov. 12 - 14
2021 Hotel Madison and Shenandoah Valley Conference Center, Harrisonburg, Nov. 17 - 20
2022 DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, Williamsburg, Nov. 11-13