VAST Chemistry Page!
Welcome to the VAST Chemistry webpage
It has been over a year since this page was launched. It is my plan to develop this page so it can be a source of information for Chemistry teachers.
The 2018 VAST PDI in Williamsburg, Virginia was a huge success and I am glad to report that there has been an increase in the number Chemistry presentations. Again thank you to all the Chemistry presenters and to everyone who attended these presentations. I hope to see even more of you presenting in 2019 when we meet in Roanoke, VA.
If you look in the lower right hand corner of this page you will see that I have posted the pdf version of my presentations for the 2017 PDI. I am working on posting the PDF version from all the Chemistry presenters to this website for easy access for all.
Keep checking back for regular updates.
VAST, Chemistry Content Chair
2017 Chemistry PDI Presentations
* Is it Ionic or Covalent .pdf by Stephanie Harry
American Chemical Society(ACS) https://www.acs.org/content/acs/en.html
American Association of Chemistry Teachers (AACT) http://teachchemistry.org
National Science Teacher Associations (NSTA)https://www.nsta.org/
National Organization for the Professional Advancement of Black Chemist and Chemical Engineers (NOBCChE) https://www.nobcche.org/
2018 Chemistry VAST PDI Presentations
1. My Smorgasbord of Chemistry Ideas by Stephanie Harry -My Smogasboard Chemistry.pdf
2. Laboratory Safety Equipment and Tecniques by Stephanie Harry - Laboratory Safety and Equipment..pdf
3. Fun Chemistry Labs and Projects by Paula E. Irwin -vastpdichemistrylabprojectactivitysessionmaterials.zip, revastpdichemistrylabprojectactivitysessionmaterial.zip, revastpdichemistrylabprojectactivitysessionmaterial (1).zip, revastpdichemistrylabprojectactivitysessionmaterial (2).zip
4. Modeling Method for Chemistry by Leslie Kovach - Materials and Presentation for the VAST 2018 PDI.pdf
*ACS_Hach Post -Bacccalaureate Teacher Scholarship. https://www.acs.org/content/acs/en/funding-and-awards/scholarships/acs-hach-baccalaureate-teacher-scholarship.html
*TACT Mini Grant to Enhance Teaching of Chemistry. Apply now https://vast.wildapricot.org/admin/website/?pageId=18065
*ACS-Hach Second Career Teacher Scholarship. Apply now:https://www.acs.org/content/acs/en/funding-and-awards/hachprograms/acs-hach-scholarships.html
*The AACT Chemistry Classroom Safety Pledge is back again for another year! Participate during the pledge for a chance to win a $200 grand prize gift card to Flinn Scientific, a subscription to Chemventory, and a complimentary 1-year membership to AACThttps://teachchemistry.org/safety-pledge