“Programs that Work”
The application deadline has been extended through February 1, 2020
STEM awards for exemplary projects and programs in K-16 STEM Education
The Virginia Mathematics and Science Coalition (VMSC) invite you to nominate effective student and teacher education projects and programs for its annual “Programs That Work” Awards. The VMSC recognizes exemplary mathematics, science, integrated science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) programs for which there is evidence of a positive impact on student or teacher learning. Proposals will be evaluated on the extent that applicants are able to:
- Represent innovative, exemplary programs that have proven effective with all students or teachers
- Demonstrate the important mathematics, science, and STEM concepts, skills or processes students and teachers learned as a result of the programs
- Document impact on teaching and learning
Virginia’s public and private elementary and secondary schools, public school divisions, institutions of higher education, state agencies, and 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations are invited to apply.
It is entirely appropriate to nominate your own project or program as long as the following criteria are met:
- · The project or program is a specific STEM project with goals and objectives
· Science, mathematics concepts, technology, skills, and or processes are the main focal point of the project or program
- · The STEM project or program has a documented impact on STEM learning which has been documented with an assessment
- · The project or program has been implemented for a minimum of at least 2 years within the past 5 years
The application date has been extended through February 1, 2020. Applications will be evaluated on a competitive basis for programs that have been conducted within the past five years and have demonstrated positive results. Awardees will be recognized at a conference and awards ceremony on February 18, at the Workforce Development and Conference Center, in Henrico, Virginia. Through a generous grant from Dominion Energy, the VMSC will support the travel and lodging of award recipients.
Applications can be found at http://www.vamsc.org/index.php/application/
For additional information, contact the Virginia Mathematics and Science Coalition by e-mail at email@example.com.