Upper School Biology Teacher
Beginning 2019-2020 Academic Year
Competitive salary & benefits package
Collegiate School seeks an energetic, experienced and committed Biology teacher for grades 9 - 12 to teach a range of courses in a comprehensive curriculum, including AP Biology. This is a full-time, benefited faculty position.
Responsibilities will include:
- Creating and executing well-designed, meaningful lesson plans, mindful of best practices of teaching and learning
- Fostering a climate of respect for each child as an individual
- Identifying and pursuing professional opportunities that enhance and extend one’s teaching
- Serving on committees and engaging in professional group work as necessary
Qualities of a successful candidate will include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology or related field (Master’s degree or Virginia teaching certification preferred)
- Passion for Biology education and Biology teaching experience
- Ability to inspire students’ love of learning and critical thinking
- Enthusiasm for professional growth, academic excellence and creative teaching
- Commitment to broad participation in school life
- Strong commitment to students with all learning styles
- Experience in and commitment to the ongoing development and maintenance of an inclusive campus community
Collegiate School is an independent, JK-12 college preparatory, coeducational school with over 1,600 students in Richmond, VA. The School is a community of learners committed to seeking and welcoming students, faculty and staff who represent the multicultural community and world in which we live. We believe that the education we offer in our school is greatly enhanced when many traditions, backgrounds, and perspectives are given expression in school activities. We aspire to create an inclusive environment that promotes engaged citizenship and encourages compassionate leadership. Our concept of diversity and multiculturalism is dynamic and serves a vision at Collegiate where all members of the community find in our school a sense of belonging and a supportive place to reach their full potential.
The School is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or military status, marital status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. Employment decisions at the School are based on merit, qualifications and skills.
Please apply online at www.collegiate-va.org/careers and upload cover letter, resume and copies of unofficial transcripts.
Collegiate School is an equal opportunity employer.