The Center for Excellence in Education (CEE), an internationally renowned education non-profit in the Tysons Corner area, seeks a full-time Executive Director for its USA Biology Olympiad (USABO) program. The Center's mission is to nurture high school and university scholars to careers of excellence and leadership in science, technology, engineering and mathematics, and to encourage collaboration between and among leaders in the global community.
The Executive Director oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of the USABO program including planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and controlling program activities. Tasks include outreach and dissemination; screening program applicants; monitoring all program databases; overseeing the completion of school, district, and state vendor paperwork; managing mailings, document development, and purchasing; soliciting questions and developing exams; developing and directing 2-week training program off and on site with host and staff; identifying instructors for training program based on needed expertise; setting up contracts for instructors. Salary commensurate with experience. More information about CEE and the USABO may be found at http:www.cee.org
- Master’s or PhD degree in biological sciences required
- 5+ years’ experience teaching biological sciences at the high school or university level.
- Ability to maintain workflow efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Program experience preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Office applications and web editing
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently, accurately and quickly
- Applicant must be able to travel during the summer for two two-week periods to include weekends.
- Flexible full-time work schedule
Application requirements due by September 15:
- Cover letter
- Resume/curriculum vitae