HopeTree Academy has an immediate opening for a Full-Time Science Teacher at our location on the campus of HopeTree Family Services in Salem, VA. This position will serve the needs of students, ages 11-22, with dysfunctional behaviors and academic deficiencies.
• Providing social, moral and academic opportunities for learning
• Communicate with and work cooperatively with child care and social work staff to ensure optimal direct supervision of all students
• Will maintain a close working relationship with the educational staff within the Academy
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Education from an accredited college or university
• A current Science Teacher’s License to teach at middle and secondary education levels. Endorsements for experience working with students with disabilities and other “at-risk” students are preferred
• Must be able to demonstrate the professional ability to deal effectively with a wide range of student dysfunctional behaviors and academic deficiencies
• The teacher must demonstrate the ability to represent HopeTree Academy and HopeTree Family Services in a positive manner within the community
• Background checks and pre-employment drug testing are required
Competitive benefits offered include medical/dental/life and retirement plan. Interested candidates must complete our on-line agency application at www.hopetreefs.org. EOE
PBS lesson plan writing opportunity! PBS NewsHour Extra is the NewsHour’s teacher resource site for grades 7-12. We are looking for science teachers to write fun, project-based lessons related to STEM, inventions, and the environment. There is a stipend involved. For more information, write firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upper School at Walsingham Academy is seeking a full-time chemistry teacher for the 2017-18 school year. AP experience is a plus. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Note: VAST posts job announcements as a courtesy. VAST is in no way responsible for the accuracy of the announcement. If you are interested in a position, please direct your inquiry to the contact listed in the announcement.
If you have a job announcement, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. VAST reserves the right to choose what announcements are posted and when they are removed.