The Governor’s School of Southside Virginia
Intent to Employ Notice
2018-2019 School Term
Position: Biology/Research Instructor
Primary Location: Southside Virginia Community College – Christanna Campus, Alberta, VA
Candidate also travels to John H. Daniel Campus, Keysville, VA
Must hold a current Virginia Teaching License
Master’s Degree in Biology with thesis or Master’s Degree in another area with 18 additional graduate hours in Biology coursework
Minimum 3 years teaching experience
Gifted endorsement/experience teaching gifted students preferred
Experience with Dual Enrollment Students
Interest/knowledge in interdisciplinary curriculum
Essential Job Functions:
• Demonstrate a thorough and accurate knowledge in the teaching discipline.
• Plans and delivers appropriate curriculum content to students.
• Assess student learning regularly and adapt instruction accordingly to maximize student learning.
• Collaborate with other instructors in planning and delivering instruction to students.
• Communicate effectively with colleagues, students and parents.
• Foster a positive and safe learning environment.
• Collaborate with faculty members in planning symposiums, joint site events, enrichment activities, field trips, outreach events, and other functions.
• Complete other duties as assigned by the director.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Deadline: Until filled
To Apply: Mail or fax letter of interest, resume, copy of college transcripts and complete Commonwealth of Virginia application for employment to:
The Governor’s School of Southside Virginia
200 Daniel Road
Keysville, VA 23947
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The Governor’s School of Southside Virginia is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation. The Governor’s School of Southside Virginia reserves the right to hire the best available candidate.
(posted 2.11.18) Middle School Science Teacher/STEAM Facilitator
Beginning 2018-2019 Academic Year
Competitive salary & benefits package
Collegiate School seeks an energetic and committed Middle School Science teacher to teach physical, life and earth sciences in an integrated curriculum. Included in this position is leadership in the development, communication, and implementation of STEAM practices across the Middle School curriculum. This is a fulltime, benefited faculty position.
Responsibilities will include:
• Creating and executing well-designed, meaningful lesson plans, mindful of best practices of teaching and learning, including inquiry-based models
• Facilitating STEAM integration across the curriculum
• Fostering a climate of respect for each child as an individual
• Identifying and pursuing professional opportunities that enhance and extend one’s teaching
• Serving on committees and engaging in professional group work as necessary
• Participating in all required School events
• Supervising lunch, recess, carpool and other duties as required
Qualities of a successful candidate will include:
• Strong commitment to students with all learning styles
• Ability to inspire students’ love of learning and critical thinking
• Ability to build professional relationships, solve problems, and plan collaboratively
• Enthusiasm for professional growth, academic excellence and creative teaching
• Passion for science and STEAM education
• Commitment to broad participation in school life
• Science teaching experience
• Experience in and commitment to the ongoing development and maintenance of an inclusive campus community
• A Master’s degree or Virginia teaching certification is preferred
Collegiate School is an independent, JK-12 college preparatory, coeducational school with over 1,600 students in Richmond, VA. The school’s mission is to create a diverse and inclusive community of learners committed to a challenging and supportive educational experience that will foster the intellectual, moral, emotional, and physical development of each student.
Please apply online at www.collegiate-va.org/careers
Collegiate School is an equal opportunity employer.
The Center for Excellence in Education (CEE), an internationally renowned education non-profit in the Tysons Corner area, seeks a full-time Executive Director for its USA Biology Olympiad (USABO) program. The Center's mission is to nurture high school and university scholars to careers of excellence and leadership in science, technology, engineering and mathematics, and to encourage collaboration between and among leaders in the global community.
The Executive Director oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of the USABO program including planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and controlling program activities. Tasks include outreach and dissemination; screening program applicants; monitoring all program databases; overseeing the completion of school, district, and state vendor paperwork; managing mailings, document development, and purchasing; soliciting questions and developing exams; developing and directing 2-week training program off and on site with host and staff; identifying instructors for training program based on needed expertise; setting up contracts for instructors. Salary commensurate with experience. More information about CEE and the USABO may be found at http:www.cee.org
Application requirements due by September 15:
HopeTree Academy has an immediate opening for a Full-Time Science Teacher at our location on the campus of HopeTree Family Services in Salem, VA. This position will serve the needs of students, ages 11-22, with dysfunctional behaviors and academic deficiencies.
• Providing social, moral and academic opportunities for learning
• Communicate with and work cooperatively with child care and social work staff to ensure optimal direct supervision of all students
• Will maintain a close working relationship with the educational staff within the Academy
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Education from an accredited college or university
• A current Science Teacher’s License to teach at middle and secondary education levels. Endorsements for experience working with students with disabilities and other “at-risk” students are preferred
• Must be able to demonstrate the professional ability to deal effectively with a wide range of student dysfunctional behaviors and academic deficiencies
• The teacher must demonstrate the ability to represent HopeTree Academy and HopeTree Family Services in a positive manner within the community
• Background checks and pre-employment drug testing are required
Competitive benefits offered include medical/dental/life and retirement plan. Interested candidates must complete our on-line agency application at www.hopetreefs.org. EOE
Note: VAST posts job announcements as a courtesy. VAST is in no way responsible for the accuracy of the announcement. If you are interested in a position, please direct your inquiry to the contact listed in the announcement.
If you have a job announcement, please email email@example.com. VAST reserves the right to choose what announcements are posted and when they are removed.