The Center for Excellence in Education (CEE), an internationally renowned education non-profit in the Tysons Corner area, seeks a full-time Executive Director for its USA Biology Olympiad (USABO) program. The Center's mission is to nurture high school and university scholars to careers of excellence and leadership in science, technology, engineering and mathematics, and to encourage collaboration between and among leaders in the global community.
The Executive Director oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of the USABO program including planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and controlling program activities. Tasks include outreach and dissemination; screening program applicants; monitoring all program databases; overseeing the completion of school, district, and state vendor paperwork; managing mailings, document development, and purchasing; soliciting questions and developing exams; developing and directing 2-week training program off and on site with host and staff; identifying instructors for training program based on needed expertise; setting up contracts for instructors. Salary commensurate with experience. More information about CEE and the USABO may be found at http:www.cee.org
Application requirements due by September 15:
HopeTree Academy has an immediate opening for a Full-Time Science Teacher at our location on the campus of HopeTree Family Services in Salem, VA. This position will serve the needs of students, ages 11-22, with dysfunctional behaviors and academic deficiencies.
• Providing social, moral and academic opportunities for learning
• Communicate with and work cooperatively with child care and social work staff to ensure optimal direct supervision of all students
• Will maintain a close working relationship with the educational staff within the Academy
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Education from an accredited college or university
• A current Science Teacher’s License to teach at middle and secondary education levels. Endorsements for experience working with students with disabilities and other “at-risk” students are preferred
• Must be able to demonstrate the professional ability to deal effectively with a wide range of student dysfunctional behaviors and academic deficiencies
• The teacher must demonstrate the ability to represent HopeTree Academy and HopeTree Family Services in a positive manner within the community
• Background checks and pre-employment drug testing are required
Competitive benefits offered include medical/dental/life and retirement plan. Interested candidates must complete our on-line agency application at www.hopetreefs.org. EOE
PBS lesson plan writing opportunity! PBS NewsHour Extra is the NewsHour’s teacher resource site for grades 7-12. We are looking for science teachers to write fun, project-based lessons related to STEM, inventions, and the environment. There is a stipend involved. For more information, write email@example.com.
Upper School at Walsingham Academy is seeking a full-time chemistry teacher for the 2017-18 school year. AP experience is a plus. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Note: VAST posts job announcements as a courtesy. VAST is in no way responsible for the accuracy of the announcement. If you are interested in a position, please direct your inquiry to the contact listed in the announcement.
If you have a job announcement, please email email@example.com. VAST reserves the right to choose what announcements are posted and when they are removed.