Click link above to register!
DoubleTree by Hilton, Williamsburg VA
"Reconnecting to Virginia's Space, Place, and Contributions to Science"
Our expedition to Williamsburg to celebrate 70 years of advocating for quality science education will include local field experiences, Virginia based Keynote Speakers, celebrations of all that Virginia provides us from indigenous culture, sea to summit geographic marvels, natural resources, pioneering scientific discoveries, and more! Come celebrate and learn with us in Williamsburg this November!
This year's theme, Reconnecting to Virginia's Space, Place, and Contributions to Science comes to life within the logo through thoughtful symbols representing each of the theme's elements. Claiming the center space of the logo is the Chesapecten jeffersonius, state fossil of Virginia found in the same region as this year's Professional Development Institute and in 1993 with the efforts of high school students, officially named the state fossil. The red salamander commands the lower left edge of the logo, representing the efforts of young 4-H members of Virginia to protect them, leading to the 2018 law naming the red salamander as the official salamander of Virginia. Both of these elements demonstrate the importance and results of citizen science, field studies, and local leaders contributing to scientific investigations. The perimeter of the logo encapsulates all of the components with woven eastern redbud branches and blooms. This symbolizes not only the native redbud tree, but the interconnectedness of all of the opportunities that Virginia has to offer from rich Indigenous history and presence in the commonwealth, sea to summit geography, and trailblazing scientific discoveries. Altogether, these icons representing the great Commonwealth provide a platform to advocate for science in Virginia, in all learning spaces for all learners.
The In-Person Professional Development Institute Features:
* In addition to presentations related to our theme there will be concurrent session presentations in all subject areas for grades K12.
* General sessions featuring speakers who will challenge you with up-to-date scientific discoveries and instructional strategies.
* Interact with vendors in the In-Person Exhibit Hall as you collect samples of new instructional materials and explore cutting-edge technologies.
* Interact with your colleagues in person and on the WHOVA App.
* The PDI Program will be on the WHOVA App. and this page and available for planning prior to the PDI.
Check back frequently for updates to this page for the 2022 PDI.
- 2022 PDI Sponsorship Opportunities
- 2022 PDI Exhibitor and Vendor Information, Prices, Advertising and Form
- Summer 2022 VAST Newsletter with PDI information
- October 2022 VAST Newsletter with PDI Information
- 2022 post-PDI Survey and Certificate of Attendance (open after the PDI)
2022 DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, Williamsburg, Nov. 10-12
2023. Hotel Roanoke and Conference Center, Nov. 16-18